Tuesday, June 18, 2013

1 1/2 Weeks

So.. one and a half weeks now and I'm really starting to feel it. It was feeling unreal until now and now it's right on my door step. My dad is being set apart on Saturday by Elder Christopherson and my mom, brother and I are receiving blessings and my parents will also be leaving to the MTC. I am starting to worry even more and I'm getting pretty scared. I went to EFY last week and one of my friends that I made there told me something that really helped me, he said " Sarah I'm sure the lord is sending you and your family down there for a reason and to be a blessing to others just like you've been to me and the rest of our company." I hadn't thought of something up until then.. what if I'm going to make an impact on someone else's life? What if I befriend someone and completely turn their life around? This kind of hit me hard because even though I'm not serving a literal full time mission.. technically I am. So.. I've decided that when I start feeling sad I should start thinking about the people I'm going to help instead and think about the difference I'll make. I'm going to miss everybody so much and already am but I know I'll see you all again someday, weather it be in person or weather it be at the feet of god, I feel reassured that I will. Please keep in touch. I'll write next week before we leave on Thursday. Only one and a half weeks left in Utah, one and a half weeks until starting over again with heavenly father. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, starting over again with Heavenly Father is a great place to start starting over!!! I'm so excited to see what He has in store just. for. you.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It will be interesting to see what happens..

    ReplyDelete