Tuesday, June 25, 2013

1 Day

Well here it is! My last post before I head off on my adventure to Ecuador. While I am very scared I am also very excited. I am so excited to get out there and serve the lord weather it be by serving in an orphanage, helping out a friend or missionary, going on splits or being a good example. I am sad to be leaving everyone, but I know that it will bless the lives of me, my family and my friends. I love you all and hope the best for every one of you. I know this is what heavenly father wants me to do and I know he loves me. While I feel like this is the end of alot of things I feel like it is also the start of many things, the beginning of a 'new' life and a new me. I hope that I will learn to deal positively with the negative things I am given, with every trial I am given I hope that I can grow from it and become better and better with each day. Leaving in itself is a trial but I know there is more to come. I hope I can learn to be strong and never again feel that I am alone. There was a time in my life that was very dark and alone. A time where I felt no one cared and no one was there for me. How wrong was I?!? I have had depression since about fifth grade and I had become a very negative person. I never felt valued or of worth and I wondered if heavenly father was even listening to my few prayers or if he was even there. I would like to give you my testimony now, that I now KNOW that he was there and that all the while he was trying to reach out to me. With every situation I handled badly he wanted to comfort me but I had distanced myself. Since then I have grown to be better. A resent trip to EFY did a lot for me. It grew my testimony and I have been able to feel heavenly father's love with me at all times. I hope with this challenge that I will be able to maintain a spirit within me and be able to grow from whatever is thrown at me. Failure and rejection have scared me badly in the past but I am choosing to start dealing with things more positively on not doing it alone like I have previously done. Please keep us in your prayers and in your hearts and please keep in touch. The next you will hear from me is in Ecuador.. so until then, thank-you and au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment