Saturday, June 29, 2013

Guayaquil, Ecuador

What  a day!! First day in Gayaquil was AMAZING!! First thing we got picked up at the aeroporte by President Amaya and his wife and they took us to lunch at Rioko (which was sooo good and it was very elegant) then we were taken to the mission office and met with several of the missionaries who now call me Hermana Sadita hahaha. The office had a beautiful view of the mountain and of the fountains down below. Next the Amayas took us to our house. We got lost a few times getting to our house and ended up taking an hour or so to get here. When we got to the house I was instantly mesmorized by the gorgeous flowers and the ginourmous eight foot wide and about twenty foot tall wooden door. The house is amazing with a beautiful pool and waterfall. I have already fallen in love with beautiful Guayaquil. With flowers of all different varieties everywhere and the beautiful hills and historic buildings it was hard not to love it. While I miss everyone and am terribly scared to go to church tomorrow I have also become very excited and happy here in my new home. I never thought it was possible that I could even be somewhat happy this soon but it happened. Heavenly Father could not have picked a more perfect place for me and my family, all of us are so comfortable and calm. Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and has our best interest in mind. If I had just trusted him in the first place it would have saved me alot of pain, sadness and greef. Although this is just the beginning of things I have a feeling things are going to get much better. (Besides the flood in our house on the first day haha but that was taken care of and the two lizards in the kitchen as well as a lrage cocroach) Love to you all. Keep in touch. I´ll post pictures soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah!

    So good to hear from you, and to know that you have flowers :o) and are happy! What does Hermana Sadita mean? Love to you and your family! Can't wait to see pictures! But not of the cockroaches, we saw enough of those in Vegas, and they're gross :oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amey!! Hermana Sarita means.. well sarita (sounds like sadita because r is curled) is Sarah but if you put ita on the end it means little so little Sarah and then Hermana is sister:) so sister little sarah haha works better in spanish! Ill post pictures as soon as i can find my chord that connects to the computer haha:/

    ReplyDelete