Friday, June 28, 2013

Lima, Peru

Hello!! Phewf! What. A. Week. Yesterday was our last day in Utah and in the United States. We left at 8:30 in the morning for Atlanta, Georgia.. what a long plane ride!! So tired yet not able to fall asleep. Once in Georgia we waited about three hours to fly to Lima, Peru. Afterwards on the plane we got to Lima after another five hours. Going through customs and retrieving bags took about an hour then we boarded the buses and took an hour to get to the hotel. At three o'clock in the morning we arrived at the hotel very tired. We slept for four hours and then left in the morning for a meeting. While the adults were in the meeting all their kids went to another mission presidents house who was preparing to return home. More friends were made and we all had a wonderful time, playing games in the park, jumping on the trampoline, eating, talking and helping out the mission president's wife. Tomorrow we will leave to Ecuador at six thirty in the morning and arrive at about one. Tomorrow will officially begin our mission!! It's been so crazy but.. ha that was only the beginning! I have been pretty good.. sad off and on but more excited than I was.. I know heavenly father has been helping me because usually if something like this happened where I was parted from people I would just be depressed all the time but I haven't been I've actually been okay. My parents are doing great too and getting excited. I'm so proud of them. They have been dealing well with everything and have been trying to make the best of things. I still can't say I'm absolutely happy about this but I know I will be eventually. Heavenly father is helping me and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment