Monday, July 8, 2013

Elder Josh Dennis

Tonight we had the amazing experience to watch and listen over Skype, from 4000 miles away, as my older brother and best friend was set a part as a missionary. Advice was shared and tears were shed, hugs were given and a warm spirit felt. I felt so sad we couldn't actually be at the house with Josh when he was set apart but nonetheless we were there in a way. I want to say a little about my amazing brother Josh who I love so much. Josh has been one of the greatest examples I have ever had and known. He is so smart, kind and funny, he has a fun, colorful personality and is a real people person. He's easy to talk to and he's very laid back. There have been so many times when I have been having a hard time and Josh always just knows what to say, he knows how to handle people. I greatly respect him for that.. not all people can do that. I think that that talent of his and all the others he has will help him out greatly on his mission. I love my brother and he has been and played such an important role in my life. I miss him so much and I'm sure I will more. I don't deserve a brother like him. Josh Dennis, my brother has and will touch so many lives. As the quote says "Missionaries leave their homes and families for two years so others can be with theirs for eternity." I'm willing to share my Joshy for this purpose and this purpose only, that the church is true and that so many people will be touched by his wonderful spirit and great shining light. My mom used to tell Josh and I stories about how Josh would ask when he was little before I was born and before they even knew they were having me "When is Sarah coming?" my parents would ask, "Who is Sarah?" then he would reply "She is my sister and friend, we used to play together in heaven." So, yes I suppose me and Josh have been connected for longer than this earthly life and I guess that is what makes it even harder to be apart from him. I love him so much and want him to be happy. I know that heavenly father feels the same way and even more so for Josh and all of his missionaries. This is a great work that is taking place and Josh is just one of the amazing people out there who are going to see and help perform miracles.

1 comment: