Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Small Miracle

Today we got our first letter from Josh! I was so excited. After reading I can already tell the lord is changing things in him and working inside of hime and through him. It was so neat to read all the experiences he's had just in the couple of weeks. It does not feel real. I can still remember him and I sharing a room and a bunk bed when we were little like it was yesterday. It feels so unreal. Heavenly Father really does work in mysterious ways because I've been having the worst week and at the end of Josh's letter he wrote the scripture Alma 26:6-8 which says " Yea, they shall not be beaten down by the storm at the last day; yea, neither shall they be harrowed up by the whirlwinds; but when the astorm cometh they shall be gathered together in their place, that the storm cannot penetrate to them; yea, neither shall they be driven with fierce winds whithersoever the enemy listeth to carry them.
  But behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the aharvest, and they are his; and he will braise them up at the last day.  aBlessed be the name of our God; let us bsing to his praise, yea, let us give cthanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever."
I love josh so much and am so grateful to heavenly father that he sent us that. I needed that at this time. Though I've been having a hard week I've been able to get closer to heavenly father, and that is what trials are for, right? Something happened the other day and spiritually I just kind of snapped, but because I'm getting better I went straight to heavenly father and prayed about it, told him about it, asked him for help, for advice. I had read the scriptures for a while and while they comforted me and I was able to sleep I did not get a direct answer. Until today. I have a testimony that god works through others to answer our prayers and see to our needs just like he did today which was a big tender mercy to me. I know I will continue to have these experience that will help to refine and form me into a better person all throughout this journey but today, I was starting to doubt. So for next time I need to remember not to doubt that a answer will be given or a miracle will take place, because to doubt something is to slowly diminish it's possibility. We just have to believe. So with all my inside things and with my Spanish, I'm going to believe and know that everything will be alright and that I will be able to speak Spanish with the help of my heavenly father.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment