Sunday, August 18, 2013

Patience, Sarah, Patience

This week has been great! I have great classes and teachers and my overall experience has been pretty good. I have a great nice group of friends who are fantastic and I've hung out with them a couple of times and that has been really fun. At first when I got here I didn't think I would make friends so quickly but I did. Thank-heavens. I've really been trying with the language to speak and learn, no, learning a language is not easy but I'm sure in the end the struggle will have been worth it. As I said I keep having these reoccurring experiences that have to do with me being patient and trusting in heavenly father and so I think heavenly father is trying to teach me patience and trust. I haven't always been a very patient person and still am not which is why I think things keep happening in that certain area. I've been trying really hard but not hard enough I guess. So this week I am going to focus being patient and trusting heavenly father that things will be alright. With every situation I could be impatient with I will try my hardest to be patient which of course will not be easy but I'm going to try. Heavenly father is so patient with us, we mess up, all the time in fact almost everyday, but he is patient with us and forgives us so we should learn to be patient with him and trust his judgment. I keep having to remind myself that even though I don't know what heavenly father is doing, he does. He knows what is good for me and what is not good for me. He knows what he is putting me through and he wouldn't put me through it if he didn't know I could do it and make it through. So I've been doing my patience thing for the last couple days and it has been really hard but very good at the same time. I know I can make it through anything and everything heavenly father brings me to and that with his help I will be alright and maintain patience and trust in him. I don't know if there are any other mission presidents kids who read my blog but if there are I just want to tell you, hang in there, everything will get better with time but you just got to give things time. I've had to learn that over and over and still am right now! But I can promise you there are good, even great things to come.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you are amazing!! I love you so much and I'm so proud of you! Heavenly Father knew you were strong enough to leave your home, your school, your friends and your family and He knew you would be able to adjust and that you would grow because of the experiences you would have. You will make a positive impact on many people in your life, including many people here in Ecuador over the next three years as well as many people throughout the world who read or will read your blog. I'm so glad He sent you to our family. You are a great blessing to all of us!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete