Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Second Day of School, much better.

Yesterday was horrendous. I was having such bad cultural shock and felt so out of place and scared. It is way different from Utah. I guess as Utahns we live a very sheltered life because of our environment and because of the way our religion had kind of impacted where we live. I kind of started to adjust to things better today and was more happy. I looked for the good and actually had a really good day anyway. The people that I have come in contact with are very kind and very accepting of me. My first class was geometry, I don't know how I tested into that class but I did. The teacher was very nice and everything went really good. My second block was database. I am one of three ninth graders in that class and the rest of the class is seniors. At first it was awkward but then we all got comfortable and I think it should be a really cool class. Next we had ninth grade English which was also fun and also my favorite subject. I love the teacher, she is hilarious and she likes to tell stories, she's pretty cool. I'm excited for that class. And then my fourth block was Spanish. Oh my heavens. Favorite. Class. Ever. The teacher completely understands me and my want to speak Spanish because she speaks a bit of English but she finds herself at a loss sometimes with words too. The amazing thing was I was able to understand almost everything she said and reply back okay. Which Is truly amazing. There were only five of us in the class which made it a little less stressful and tense. There is this Italian girl who doesn't speak any English, she only speaks Italian and Spanish. Her accent when she speaks is sooooo cool!! I love it! Since I couldn't talk to her in English we talked in Spanish as best we could with the teacher and it was really neat. Come to find out we are both in the same position only our native language is different. It has been so cool meeting all these different people and hearing their backgrounds and how they think it is very cool. So back to Spanish class there are only five of us which means she will be able to help us each more individually which is a big blessing to me!! She told us she would be taking us to McDonalds in a month or so and that she would make us order our own food in Spanish. Um awesome!! I really think I'll be able to learn things quickly in this class. I have really been able to see heavenly father helping me, particularly in this area with the language.. I've been picking up things so much faster than I normally would and I'm able to speak more and use more of what I learn.. as well as I don't feel as scared and uncomfortable to try. I KNOW he is helping me, because I wouldn't be able to do any of this without him. I wouldn't have had a great day today if he wasn't in my life, because I wouldn't have had any hope or felt like there was anything to look forward to. Seriously I keep having this reoccurring lesson and it feels like heavenly father is really trying to teach me to rely on him and trust him more. Because yesterday I wasn't trusting ANYBODY. I didn't want to. I felt so vulnerable and so able to be hurt that I didn't even want to trust heavenly father. Which is wrong. I know I can trust him and that next time again something hard is happening I can just remember how it all got better and heavenly father helped me through it. I think he's going to keep giving me this lesson until I learn it so I better learn it now and stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment