Sunday, January 26, 2014

Amazing Week!!

I told you all I would do a follow up on my last post so here it is. MY LEG WAS COMPLETELY BETTER FOR MY GAME!!!! It gave me 0 problems. I was able to play my hardest without it hurting me and oh my goodness how thankful I was! What a blessing!! Put your trust in the lord and he will heal your leg!! haha Put your trust in the lord and he can help you with anything! That to me was amazing! I had faith but way back in the corners of my mind I thought, "It's not going to get better. I just have to accept that." And I did. I accepted it and I was willing to play anyway! I think that there were two parts to that. Even though I saw that my 'Accepting' it was a negative thing come to look at it now, I don't think it was. I think we have to accept ourselves first and accept our condition and submit cheerfully even if it is hard and then heavenly father will do the rest. When my brother had dengue, he never told us how bad it was until after. He said he almost died. He almost didn't make it. His platelet levels were just too low and he just knew he wasn't going to make it. But, after he said he stopped being scared or sad about it, worrying and upset, he said he accepted it, he trusted in the lord that he knew what he was doing and he accepted it. I think that was a lesson Josh was meant to learn. He said he accepted it, he accepted that maybe it was his time to go and that he had fulfilled his mission here on the earth and that it might be his time but that is was okay, that everything would be okay. Ladies and gentleman, Josh said that as he thought those things to himself that is when he started to get better, that is when he made his full recovery. I believe that was the lesson I was meant to learn too. To accept things and trust in the lord. And look what that did! A full recovery. Maybe with some of you this is a lesson you need to learn also, but one thing I've learned also is that while this might be the lesson you need to learn, God isn't going to just take away what you're going through right away, maybe he isn't going to take it away at all. But that isn't because he doesn't love you, it is because he does love you and he wants you to learn and to grow and he wants you to become stronger. He is trying your patience to see if you will give in to the adversity or to see if you will bloom from your adversity. It's one or the other. It is completely your choice. But all the time what he hopes for is that you flourish and grow strong and bright. He doesn't want you to be crushed by the weights he wants you to become stronger by lifting them and using them to your advantage; to become stronger. In a gym, you do not not pick up the weights simply because they are heavy, you pick them up because they are heavy and because they will make you stronger (That's kind of the whole purpose of a gym). Think of it this way, maybe life is our gym and I think that's what I just learned. :)  ”I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.” Ether 12:6
Ego says, 'Once everything falls into plays, I'll feel peace.' Spirit says, 'Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place.'

No comments:

Post a Comment