Monday, November 24, 2014

Gained Testimony..

You know you're growing spiritually stronger when Satan has been throwing crap at you all week from all different sides and you stay happy. That has been me this week. This week I have gained such a testimony of fasting and of going to the temple. Those two things coupled with prayer are so powerful. I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks.. things have just been going down hill in a lot of ways and at first I was really scared and sad. I was feeling so alone and so tired.. I wasn't feeling much energy and Satan was tempting me with so many different things.. some days I just cried. But it's amazing, the minute I went to the temple and stepped inside those doors every worry and every fear crept out of me and left at the door. As I prayed and read the scriptures in the temple, I was filled with this deep peace and this comforting feeling that eveything was going to be okay.. one way or another things were going to turn out fine even if it wasn't how or when I expected or wanted. And it's strange.. I felt at peace about it. Usually I kind of pout when I feel like heavenly father gives me a "no" or his will is different from mine.. but not this time. I fasted on Saturday and Sunday and this whole week I've felt so calm and happy.. even if physically I am alone or being really tempted or find out something scary (some scary things happened to a few of our missionaries and I thought it was going to haunt me for the rest of the week.. they are just fine now but still it was weird and I thought I would think about it all week but I haven't.. I'm okay and so are they:)).. I have just felt this deep feeling of peace. I have never had such a strong testimony of the temple and of fasting and prayer until now. It's not what I expected and originally not exactly what I've wanted but it's turned out better for me and I can feel my heavenly fathers love and I feel like whatever his plan is, I am going to be okay. I really don't have much more to say than that.. He is guiding me so much and helping me so much.. all the hard stuff is just shaping me.. and I'm so grateful for it now. I hope that I will learn even more before I go home. I want everyone to know, that if you have faith and trust in heavenly father and keep his commandments and do what he says we should.. you will be happier than you ever thought possible.. even if it seems impossible at the time. I love you all and I can honestly say that because you are all children of God going through your own hard trials and living this crazy life. We are not alone. God is with us and we are with eachother. Stay strong my friends. If little, weak, old me can do it, you can do it too:) *Hugs all readers collectively* I just thought I would share that! Don't give up guys!! God doesn't always give us what we want.. but he always gives us what we need:)

This applies to pretty much anything!

Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles. -Charlie Chaplin


Your plans are better than my dreams life quotes quotes quote god dreams life inspirational motivational life lessons dear god
I'm sure if we new what his plans were.. if we knew our full potential.. those plans and our potential would be our dreams and our goals..
~Paulo Coelho



I need to remember this more often

No comments:

Post a Comment