Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Post!!!!

Hi everybody!!!! Merry Christmas (in like four days)!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I am so excited!!! I always love Christmas, but this year we don't have family coming and so we are going to go spend it with some of the missionaries converts!! I'm so excited!!! We're going to make tons of cookies and take them to people like old times and skype my brother!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I can tell Christmas this year is going to be great, not because of the presents but because of Christ's presence.

I think so many of us so many times forget the real meaning of Christmas. We get so caught up with presents and friends and parties that we just lose sight of what's most important or why we even have Christmas. I am completely guilty of this because most Christmases I've had growing up all I could think about was food and presents even though my parents always taught me otherwise. Now that I'm older... the true meaning of Christmas is more important to me.. I don't think I could say that if I didn't come to Ecuador because I probably still wouldn't believe in God . I want to tell you all why Christmas means so much to me this year.. especially right now.

 I've been going through a really hard time lately.. I've felt pretty lonely.. I've been going through the life evaluating process all over again and I've had some pretty tough decisions to make. Christmas seems particularly special to me this year.. not because I want stuff and because I finally get two weeks off of school (that is VERY nice though), but because I need the true gift of Christmas which is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was God's gift to the world, he was/ is the perfect gift and he is a gift that will never brake, be lost or wear down with time. This gift died for us, he understands us, he loves us back, he knows our thoughts and can help us. Jesus Christ is unlike any gift we will ever receive not only because he loves us, cares for us and understands us but he is exactly everything we need and can make us everything we were meant to be. What toy,, makeup, or electronic device could do that? None of them could.


I can just imagine all of us in Heaven at Jesus's birth, surrounding him, crying and singing and laughing and jumping for joy that he would save us. I can just imagine myself in Heaven, knowing my life and my plan and the things I would go through and being so happy that someone would be able to help me through it all. Being down here on earth now in this life, he has helped me through so much. He has helped us all through so much and we don't even realize it. Jesus Christ understands us, loves us, is always there for us, will never replace us or forget us and he will never leave us alone, even when we try to push him away. He is the perfect friend and brother, the perfect example and the perfect savior. I am so grateful for him. Right when I feel like crying because I feel alone or let down or lost, Christ's image pops into my mind and I know that even though I feel all these horrible things, none of them are true, because he is here. When all else disappointing us and everyone leaves us alone, when things don't work out the way we want them to, he is still there with his arms stretched out to us.

So many people can't grasp a father with perfect love or a son who would die for his siblings. I couldn't believe that. It is hard to understand and we may not ever fully comprehend it in this life. But the truth is, our father does have a perfect love and his son did die for us, to SAVE us because he loves us. Can you imagine Marry, Jesus's mother and that long journey to Bethlehem? She was probably in so much pain! No pain killers and for days on foot or on the back of a donkey! How uncomfortable! I wouldn't last an hour! But, the pain she and Joseph went through was so worth it. I am so grateful to them and to Heavenly father. How hard it would be to travel for days on foot and to give your son to the world to be endure pain of EVERY KIND, and killed? That would be so hard. I can't even imagine. I am so grateful. I am SO grateful.

Looking at it all, Christmas isn't about gifts, it is about a gift. Christmas is about sacrifice and love and hope. When all hope seems lost, if we look to Christ, we can find it again. That is really all I can say about the meaning of Christmas. My heart is so full and I am so grateful for this gift God has given us. If any of you feel alone this Christmas, if any of you feel like life is not worth it, like you can't go any further or feel like "what's the point?", look to Jesus Christ, go to him, and everything will become clearer. With him, everything just makes more sense.

What do you give to someone who has given you their life? You give them your life. I don't mean that you have to die to pay Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ back, no. What I mean is, we use our life to help others, to do the lord's work, we spend our life giving love and sharing the gift we have been given. In my house at Christmas we hang up a white stocking for Jesus. Whenever we do something for others or share our time and help with others we write it on a piece of paper and put it in the stocking. On Christmas day we look in the stocking and read everything we have done for Jesus Christ. We try to continue doing things the rest of the year but around Christmas it is especially symbolic. So, this Christmas I want to challenge everyone to do something for someone else out of pure love and pure gratitude. I promise you, you will feel so good, heavenly father will bless you, and you will start to understand even more the true meaning of Christmas.

Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father love you all so much and they know your heart and what you are going through. They will never leave you  or stop loving you. We mean so much to them and always will. Merry Christmas everyone. Don't forget the gift. He never forgets you.




Finding the real joy of Christmas comes not in the hurrying and the scurrying to get more done, nor is it found in the purchasing of gifts. We find real joy when we make the Savior the focus of the season. Thomas S. Monson

Each of us is an innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus. ~ Neal A. Maxwell


Christmas Decor Wise Men still seek Him Wall Decal vinyl lettering religious decorations. $15,00, via Etsy.

I'm in love with this poem!!!!!! Best Christmas poem ever! Awesome for kids too!!!!!!

Find more Christmas Inspiration at ShabbyMe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment